Monday 7 May 2012

WOD: Jumping 550

Tonight, after a long day with the kids, I still had some unspent energy left, so put the last 10 minutes of daylight to work with this little circuit.  My aim was to get warmed up and complete it before the sun set fully, so I had roughly 15 minutes.  I began with a little warm-up on the rope, which I have omitted from the video.

I haven't seen this workout anywhere though I am pretty sure I am not the first to have conceived the idea.  But I will dub this workout the "Jumping 550" anyway.  It's designed as a short circuit to be completed in under 10 minutes, comprising of five circuits of 100 rope turns and 10 burpees, hence 550.  By the end of the workout, you will have completed 50 burpees and 500 rope turns as fast as possible and with as little rest as possible.  I strived for no rest, but still found myself struggling for breath in the thin air after three rounds of burpees.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback, good or bad as long as it's constructive, so feel free to share your thoughts!