Friday 13 March 2009

2k Run

This morning I hit my first ever 2k (sadly on a machine though). Doesn't sound impressive but for me thats the longest I have been able to withhold the monotony of running. I've never really enjoyed long distance and as a kid I loved sprint sports and excelled at 100m, 200m, 4x100m relay, long jump, etc (basically anything that involved running as fast as you could for no more than 30 seconds). But now I am starting to appreciate long distance running for its CV benefits. I've been running Monday and Thursday mornings now for the past two weeks, and in that short amount of time I've gone from struggling for 1k to what felt like an easy 2k.

Session notes:

2k @ 10kph @ 3% incline ~ 12 mins :14 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback, good or bad as long as it's constructive, so feel free to share your thoughts!